Friday, December 10, 2010

Making the wheels of the car go round and round


J&J Auto Repair repairs cars, lawn mowers, and small engines. Owned by Jerry Hancock Jr. since 1968, the garage has been located on South Lamar just north of Highway 6  for fourteen years. Itching to explore beyond Oxford city limits, I stopped by here to get my car serviced. There is one essential truth to a road trip which is that you can’t hit the road without making sure the car runs well.



During my visit, the men who work there were friendly, flattered that I thought to photograph them, They teased each other about how they were so ugly that I would break my camera if I took pictures of them. 



The clutter was overflowing, and appeared to have changed little since the business first opened.  Even a sizable lawn mower “graveyard” had wrapped one end of the building. The place looked very well rooted on its little knoll overlooking South Lamar. 








No comments:

Post a Comment